The third quarter of 2022 has come to an end, so it’s time for a statistics-heavy Currently on art update. There probably won’t be much else, considering the uneventful half of the quarter that it has been.
In all honestly, there isn’t much to say. I’ve been working on my studies, although not as much as I’d hoped to; I’ve been unusually low on energy and motivation recently, making it difficult to focus on coursework. I believe I’ll be able to get a hold of myself soon, though; I’ve noticed that if I just manage to drag myself out the door and to the campus, I’ll get more done when I’m in an environment where it’s far less acceptable for me to sidetrack to unproductive things or working on the one project I currently have inspiration for – the Persona 5 Royal fanfic that I mentioned in my previous update. Right now, it’s the only project that’s actually easy for me to work on; everything else is either not progressing or the progress is more or less like pulling teeth. When will that change? No idea; I’ve been considering taking a break from Exceptional Jedi with hopes that it’d alleviate the writer’s block I’m currently facing with it, but I do fear that if I take a break from it, I’ll end up never returning to it since the plans I have for it look so insurmountable right now compared to the dwindling passion I have for it.
Well, for now I’m going to focus on my coursework and keep on working on that P5R fanfic; it’s now at 225k words and counting. I will overcome this slump somehow. Maybe I’ll even decide to take on Tribble Month’s prompts during some other month when I’m feeling better. Maybe not, though; considering my energy levels throughout September, not taking part was the only right choice and I don’t feel bad in the slightest for making it. That’s probably good; I have to be mindful of my own limits and not push myself too far, especially since I’ll be working on my master’s thesis next spring and hopefully get my degree by summer.
That’s all I have to say for this update. Here are the Q3 2022 statistics:
I must admit that the total words’ percentage surprised me; FFM somehow managed to push total number beyond the previous quarter’s total even though the projects (that get statistics) were heavily hit.
Now that the statistics are done, let’s see how things are going with my projects, as per my project widget:
- Exceptional Jedi: Chapter 5 of Seeking the Skies is still in writing. All writing is at 2289 days. Jedova’s reference has not seen progress. I need to make a comic about Valentine Clanker and lots of other drawings. I’ve been creating data on Scrivener to build a wiki of sorts there so that I can flesh things out for writing, although it hasn’t been progressing at all for a long while since I haven’t had the time and energy to deal with it. Revising is still in a standtill.
- The Fate’s Way: Chapter 74 is in editing. I still need to redraw the regular Alyssa and also Alyssa’s friends and family and the other important people, like Matti, someday. I did revise the chapters that were waiting for revising, but I should revise more chapters now that they’ve waited long enough.
- Off-DA projects: My Persona 5 Royal fanfic project which has seen a lot of progress recently. Otherwise nothing notable.
- Greenfield: This has been on a standstill for quite some time. I’m currently working on editing chapter 4. Read more about the project here.
- Lyokostar: The first chapter of story 7 is still waiting for alphareading and betareading. This story is in need of massive reworking, so it’s going to take a long time to finish. References need to be done.
- A Wandering Aura: I haven’t done anything for this in ages. I’m considering putting it on indefinite hiatus.
- Gaming: Habitica, Pokémon GO and Pokémon Masters EX keep on going, although Pokémon Go only rarely nowadays. I’ve also played Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight a lot – I completed the latter recently – in addition to starting Persona 5 Strikers.
- Other stuff: Nothing notable has happened; I haven’t worked on my Tribble Month 2022 or FFM 2022 collections nor have I read much else than some random fanfics here and there. I still haven’t gotten started with IDW’s Transformers comics, either.
- Personal life: Low on energy and motivation, so coursework gets most of the limited energy I have available. Hopefully I’ll recover from this slump soon.
That’s it for this short update. Thanks for reading and take care!