It’s been close to two months since the last Currently on art update, so it’s about time I got around to writing this. While I had plans to be productive this month, reality has turned out to be far less optimal; projects have been left hanging due to low motivation and I’ve procrastinated a lot of stuff (including writing this post).
Well, to be frank, it would be an understatement to say that my July didn’t go according to plan. I was supposed to finish two major game courses and do well at FFM, but the universe decided that the plans I’d made weren’t meant to be. Just days before I was supposed to flee my sauna of an apartment for my parents’ place, I got sick. No big deal, probably just a flu. It’ll pass in a few days and it won’t affect the plans much. Right?
Wrong. It turned out to be COVID. I ended up being on sick leave from my studies for about two weeks, which royally messed up my plans and postponed most of the work for the upcoming studying year. The work that I did manage to finish did leave me exhausted, and churning the results out by force has most likely accounted for how I’ve dealt with my poor motivation during my dedicated vacation month of August; I haven’t touched Greenfield for a while again after hitting a more demanding section and Lyokostar 1‘s translation has been waiting for my betareading (or rather alphareading) for some time because I haven’t felt like touching it.
I’m extremely fortunate that my COVID turned out to be a mild case, especially since FFM had just kicked off. Did my sickness have an effect on my performance? Absolutely, especially since the later half of the month was dedicated for pushing to get urgent coursework done at the same time. I’ve never experienced fatigue like this at the end of FFM; while chances are that Tribble Month will occur next month, I have absolutely no interest in taking part even without remembering the chore that it became last year at more optimal circumstances and a better headspace. I am proud of some of my FFM work, though, particularly FFM 2022 5: Untitled Hearts and FFM 2022 26: A Pairless Glove, which I honed the most. I recommend giving them both a read – or just the former if you’re looking to avoid Persona 5 Royal spoilers; the latter one is a fanfic for it.
Although I haven’t been productive in my main projects, that isn’t to say I haven’t been surprisingly productive somewhere; I started a new fanfic project (AGAIN), this time for Persona 5 Royal, which I finished last month. The project I’m working on isn’t the one I initially planned to start for said game, but it’s the shorter one to write, so I’ve been working on it a lot. I’ve written around 70k words for it in the last few weeks somehow (read: by procrastinating a lot of other stuff lately). When will I tell you all about it? I don’t know; it has turned out to be quite a fickle thing, major plot points constantly shifting, and getting the characterization right is going to require more time with the plot, so I’m planning on finishing the first draft before I’m going to post anything detailed about it. It’s likely that I’ll have to restructure the chapters as well, depending on how it all ends up structuring itself.
Well, August is almost over. Now what? Well, my (hopefully final) studying year is about to kick off. I seriously hope that once I start getting out again and get started with my courses, I’ll get a hold of myself after charging my batteries this month. It’s a bit unnerving to go back to lectures on campus after getting COVID, but at least hopefully it’ll get easier as the autumn progresses.
Well, I guess that’s all I have to say this time around. At least it’s all that I feel like talking about right now. Here’s the FFM 2022 stats in case you’re interested:
And with the statistics out of the way, let’s see how things are going with my projects, as per my project widget:
- Exceptional Jedi: Chapter 5 of Seeking the Skies is in writing. All writing is at 2252 days. Jedova’s reference has not seen progress. I need to make a comic about Valentine Clanker and lots of other drawings. I’ve been creating data on Scrivener to build a wiki of sorts there so that I can flesh things out for writing, although it hasn’t been progressing at all for a long while since I haven’t had the time and energy to deal with it. Revising is still in a standtill.
- The Fate’s Way: Chapter 74 is in writing. I still need to redraw the regular Alyssa and also Alyssa’s friends and family and the other important people, like Matti, someday. I did revise the chapters that were waiting for revising, but I should revise more chapters now that they’ve waited long enough.
- Off-DA projects: My web coding project is on an indefinite hiatus. I coded some games, but not as much as I was supposed to since my coursework went to hell thanks to COVID. I also started a Persona 5 Royal fanfic project (and have another one waiting to be started), which has seen a lot of progress recently.
- Greenfield: This has been on a standstill for some time, although I did get some progress with editing. I’m currently working on editing chapter 4. Read more about the project here.
- Lyokostar: The first chapter of story 7 is waiting for alphareading and betareading. This story is in need of massive reworking, so it’s going to take a long time to finish. References need to be done.
- A Wandering Aura: I haven’t done anything for this in ages. Since I poured my ideas into the plans I’ve made, it hasn’t been plaguing me to the point of wanting to write it. I should probably put it on indefinite hiatus…
- Gaming: Habitica, Pokémon GO and Pokémon Masters EX keep on going, although Pokémon Go has ended up getting at the risk of being dropped. I’ve also played Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight a lot.
- Other stuff: I haven’t gotten around to starting my Tribble Month 2020 collection. No idea when I’ll work on it; I’ll probably start working on my FFM 2022 collection first during the autumn. As for reading… I have read some FFM stories and fanfics, and I did read half of a fairly short Star Wars book, but otherwise I haven’t done much reading. I still haven’t gotten started with IDW’s Transformers comics, either.
- Personal life: Got COVID, pushed through FFM, didn’t do enough coursework. At least hopefully the upcoming autumn will be fine.
That’s it for this far-shorter-than-previous post. Thanks for reading and take care!