I am working on a book series called Greenfield.
Greenfield is about a teenaged girl named Iris Mäkelä who ends up to another world, Greenfield, with her horse Miracle Truth soon after running away from home. In Greenfield, she has to learn to live in a world without technology and learn the ways of a magician with her tutor Matthew and fellow student Thomas so that she can find a way to return to her own world. But as the evil forces of the Night Lord return with their master getting stronger, can she even survive the upcoming months, let alone get back home someday?
Right now, I’m planning to write 5 main story novels and four side story novels.
Greenfield 1: The Change
- Currently in progress
- A sample of the first draft’s 10th chapter is available here.
- The current phase: On hiatus until May or June
- Worldbuilding: No
- Current chapter in progress: 20
- Word count: 65380 (rechecked with Scrivener 16.2.)
- 1150 words erased upon a chapter written years ago getting wiped out due to plot changes and the chapter being deemed completely unsalvageable. ~9.11.2019
- 1102 words erased after remaking a chapter from what I already had and discarding what I no longer needed there. ~13.12.2019
- 368 words erased after remaking a chapter from what I already had and discarding what I no longer needed there. ~14.2.2020
- 694 words erased after getting rid of both the prologue and the epilogue. ~16.2.2020.
- New words in Q1: 5040
- Pages: 142 (as of the last compilation into an .epub file)
- Last compilation 16.2.2020
- Info last updated: 18.2.2020
- The first draft should reach its current wordcount target within 2020. Whether it’ll be fully written during the same year is another case. Editing will most likely take up at least the rest of 2020 and probably most of 2021 and release might be around 2022, depending on what happens.
- The current planned length is around 80000 words in 20 chapters. This is subject to change, depending on what occurs while writing.