December is almost here, so it’s time for the mid-quarter post!
About a month ago, I talked about how my timetables were a mess and I was scraping by with the deadlines. I also hoped that by either this or the next statistics post (which will be at the end of the year) I can look back on that post and say that things turned out all right. Well, can I say it now? I don’t know; I’ve got one huge course mostly off my back and I don’t have any new courses in this period, so my workload is saner now even when I finally get to get started with an online course I was supposed to start two months ago. I have been slipping with my Japanese course, though, but since we’re allowed to use the books to help at the final exam, I’m not too worried about passing it. I’d say things are getting better; I’ve even been able to go on campus, hang out at my subject association’s lounge and talk with people I haven’t talked with much at all for months. It’s been a refreshing change of pace and certainly good for my mental health.
I also was a part of making the same subject association’s magazine, and it went online earlier this month. It was a lot of work, but the whole committee is satisfied with the results, and that’s the most important part. In addition to that, I’ve taken part in a multilingual creative writing course, and I’ve got a bunch of stories done for it – one of them being the visual novel I posted about exactly a month ago. One of them is even an illustration, but since it’s for chapter 52 of The Fate’s Way, I won’t be posting it anytime soon. Although, once I get to revising that chapter, you can be sure that it will appear at the same time. It’s… honestly, I spent way too much time and effort for it, really, but I’m reasonably satisfied with the results especially since I needed to get it done in a week and it was way more ambitious than it should have been. Oops, I guess.
Anyhow, most of the stuff I’ve written (at least the home assignments) will be appearing online after the course (if they’re not already online, as is the case with Down the Memory Lane), some of them on Archive Of Our Own and some… probably here. I’m not sure yet. I haven’t given it much thought, what with all the other stuff that’s been occupying my mind recently.
Aside from coursework and university stuff, what else? Honestly, not much. We got apparently permanent snow and below zero temperature earlier this week, so I’ve had to dig up winter equipment in order to avoid freezing when venturing beyond the trash cans. I’m only now starting to get a grip on my schedule (which isn’t exactly good since I was supposed to get a grip earlier this month and not near December when the semester is nearing its end), but hopefully I’ll be able to catch up on the lost time and plan for what I cannot catch up on before the dreaded hectic third period starts in January.
There isn’t much to tell right this time around, or at least it feels that way, so I guess that’s all for now. Let’s see how things are going with my projects, as per my project widget:
- Exceptional Jedi: Chapter 8 of Paths is in progress. All writing is at 1981 days. Jedova’s reference has seen no progress. I need to make a comic about Valentine Clanker and lots of other drawings. I’ve been creating data on Scrivener to build a wiki of sorts there so that I can flesh things out for writing, although it hasn’t been progressing at all for a good while since I haven’t had the time and energy to deal with it, although EJ has been progressing fast thanks to reaching an area I’ve wanted to write about for a long time. Revising is still in a standtill.
- The Fate’s Way: Chapter 55 is in editing. This story has seen a ton of progress recently due to inspiration; I’ve even worked on chapters on some other days than just the regular Mondays! I also made an illustration for chapter 52, but it’s going to appear only once I’ve gotten that chapter revised. I still need to redraw the regular Alyssa and also Alyssa’s friends and family and the other important people, like Matti, someday. I’ve revised the Christmas special but for now the revising process in on a standstill. I do hope to be able to resume revising in late December during my holiday.
- Off-DA projects: My web coding project is on standstill, although I plan to make a tiny demo thingamajig to have something to show when I start applying for summer jobs again.
- Greenfield: I haven’t edited this at all since everything else has taken most of my time and energy. I’m currently working on editing chapter 3. Read more about the project here.
- Lyokostar: On an indefinite hiatus. References need to be done.
- A Wandering Aura: I haven’t worked on this at all for a long while since I haven’t found the time and enough interest for it.
- Gaming: Habitica, Duolingo, Pokemon GO and Pokémon Masters EX keep on going. After a break of two years, I’ve also returned to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (probably on a whim more than anything else, but I’ve had fun with it).
- Other stuff: I’ve worked on my FFM 2021 collection a bit, but it’ll be a while before I’ll get it out. Hopefully I’ll get it done before Christmas, though. Reading is mostly still in a standstill on the book side, although I did read a bit of Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to The Force and I also started reading The Art of Peace since I got it as an ebook on Humble Bundle recently.
- Personal life: COVID is still going on, as usual. My schedules are clearing up, as discussed above, and will hopefully be easier to deal with from now on.
That’s all for this time. Take care!